My friend gave me this DVD player, because its damaged, he say. But after I tested I found that this China Made DVD player only cannot play DVD, but can play VCD, MP3 and CD. So I decide to use it as a CD transport.
After browsing I found that clock modification on Transport can improve sound quality. So
1. I open the DVD player case and looking for XTAL. And I found the 27 MHz Xtal. So I go to Harco Glodok and looking for the Clock Crystal and an TL431 for voltage stabilizer.
2. I remove the original XTAL, 2 resistor and 3 Capasitor that connected directly to the XTAL
3. After that I make the Clock Generator that is a modification from Kwak Clock and XO from Tent Labs, I cannot use any other circuit because their frequency is limited at 24MHz.
4. This is the circuit diagram. Before input the 12V to this circuit I add IC 7805 to stabilize the voltage. Because I not using separate transformer. I use the 12V from original switching power supply
5. This is the installed board
6. After it finished, I try to listen, and its much more detail and staging is more focused. Very impresive because this little cheap modification